Green that also looks good
With Living Space you don’t have to sacrifice the sophistication of your home in the name of green building. Our green homes look and feel the way you would expect a contemporary living space to be. With Living Space you will enjoy all the benefits of green building with no impact on style and design of your home.
Benefit of building green.
- Live healthier with better indoor air quality
- Save money right away, through energy efficiency
- Reduce maintenance & increase durability of your home
- Minimize your carbon footprint
Standard green features at no extra cost.
Each Living Space home includes a comprehensive, easy to understand package of standard green features. Depending on your budget and preferences additional features can be added or expanded.
- Energy efficient ICF basement. (Insulated Concrete Forms)
- High-efficiency furnace and air-conditioner
- R21 Wall insulation with spray-in foam
- On-demand water heating
- Low-E Pella wood/aluminum windows
- Heat Recovery Ventilation (indoor air quality system)
- Programmable thermostat
- Low-VOC paints
- Water efficient fixtures
- CFL/LED lighting
No-nonsense approach to green building
Not all green building technologies work in Michigan. Some green features provide no return on your investment. Working with a partner that can separate fact from fiction is essential to staying true to your building budget.